We are looking for a Senior/Middle Cloud Services Engineer to join Ring backend team. You will join the team in Kyiv and be responsible for building microservices and APIs using Ruby/Golang in a large cloud environment. Most importantly you will need to have a good understanding of how to build apps that are running at a large and growing scale, to be well versed in using systems that are made up of many different components working tightly together and to have a good mindset to make big changes incrementally.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Ruby and/or Golang Engineer eager to learn and grow his/her skills in cutting edge technologies, extending back-end micro-services that we run in a cloud (AWS), processing millions of videos daily. Our tech stack will change over time and your ability to learn is the must.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of Ruby/Golang development experience
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL / DynamoDB and relational databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Experience in Linux/MAC environment
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience with AWS/Docker
- Good communication skills
- Good written and spoken English
We offer multiple benefits, that include
- Working for one of the top product companies in the world: Ring.com
- Opportunity to influence the products’ quality supporting company mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods
- Challenging tasks and professional growth
- Competitive salary and perks
- PE accounting and support
- 18 paid vacation days per year, paid public holidays according to the Ukrainian legislation
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance
- Free office meals, fruits, and cookies
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hubs, and free corporate English classes
- Career plan, professional growth, and semiannual performance review.