Ring Ukraine is looking for an experienced security professional to lead the Security team which owns the overall application and infrastructure security posture of the Ring organization where we engineer and build solutions for our complex and global business growth, provide navigation and compute tools on some of the largest data sets in the world, and tackle computer science challenges to enable Ring to scale.
We are looking for an experienced security manager to build and manage security engineering, secure infrastructure, and security operations. You should be highly passionate about the potential of cloud computing and building a high performing security team. You need to have a track record of delivering high-quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. We operate on a very large scale and demand high standards, so a passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
As a Senior Technical Leader, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Deviget. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire a talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Defining and executing the Security roadmap.
- Hire and grow our teams to deliver expanding scope of security programs
- Lead our Security & Privacy strategy, partnering with other business stakeholders to understand the needs of the business, establish appropriate funding & resourcing and ensure a proactive approach to managing risks
- Reviewing third-party application security and work with our vendors to ensure the security bar
- Act as a subject matter expert in enterprise security, security incident response, privacy, related employee education programs, and compliance strategy
- Be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and evaluating technology risk and measuring the risk quantitatively and qualitatively
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience within a software/development security team or a similar operating environment, including 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high-performance security teams
- 3 years’ experience working in Agile methodologies and transformations, as well as E2E understanding of the SDLC
- Detailed technical knowledge of application security, system security, network security, authentication/authorization protocols, and cryptography.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Hands-on experience with security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, software testing techniques, security vulnerability assessments, and remediation techniques.
- Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities.
- Staff, mentor, enhance and maintain best-of-class engineering teams.
Nice to have
- MA/MS in computer science, information security, or related field.
- Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP, etc.).
- Experience delivering security software tools.
- Experience architecting, securing and operating Ring Web Services.
- Strong bias for action with proven ability to handle time-sensitive security tasks.
- Experience in managing remote team members.
We offer multiple benefits that include
- Working for one of the top product companies in the world: Ring.com
- Opportunity to influence the products quality
- Challenging tasks
- Competitive salary
- Relocation bonus
- PE accounting and support
- 18 paid vacation days per year
- Fully equipped A-class office space in the business center (near “Olimpiyska” subway station)
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance
- Free meals, fruits, and sweets
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hub, and free English classes
- Career plan, professional growth, and semiannual performance review.