We are looking for a seasoned Ruby on Rails full-stack engineer to develop and support web infrastructure. You will join the team in Kyiv and be responsible for building microservices, implementing pre-approved UI and APIs using Ruby on Rails in a large cloud environment. This includes all associated areas such as database and architecture design. Successful candidates must have a minimum of three years’ recent experience with all of the skills listed below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define architecture and construct API
- Integrating front-end UI with the constructed API
- Develop features end-to-end from MVP phase to live production
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Apply CI/CD tools for optimal productivity
Qualifications and Skills
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient Ruby and RoR code using the best software development practices.
- Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational databases, hands-on experience with DynamoDB will be a big plus
- An in-depth understanding of how web applications work – including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Full working knowledge of MVC application architecture.
- Experience with Docker and Git
- Good written and spoken English
We offer multiple benefits that include
- Opportunity to influence the products’ quality supporting company mission to make neighborhoods safer
- Challenging tasks and professional growth
- Competitive salary and perks
- PE accounting and support
- 18 paid vacation days per year, paid public holidays according to the Ukrainian legislation
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance
- Free office meals, fruits, and cookies
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hubs, and free corporate English classes
- Career plan, professional growth, and semiannual performance review.