At Ring Ukraine, we work to make the client’s home safe and secure. With security embedded in every layer of our design, Ring Ukraine is a product built for home security including a suite of consumer security features, no legacy support for weak protocols, and automatic software updates. The security team is responsible for ensuring that each new product and feature we ship is rock-solid, and that all of our products continue to get more secure over time. We build everything from the hardware to the wireless protocols to the mobile app to the cloud, and we maintain security for our clients and millions of connected devices.
As an Embedded Systems Security Engineer, you will advise on security issues as a consultant to other teams, as well as test, and harden features for new and existing products. You will be an early hire in a small team, with a range of responsibilities and the freedom to work across a number of projects, and across our entire technology stack.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and execute tests for new hardware and software through the product development lifecycle, including automating security feedback through the CI/CD process
- Help with implementing of security fixes in response to reported vulnerabilities
- Assist in the design and build of new security features and enhancements to existing products and services
- Participate in the design of new hardware and software to identify security issues and suggest improvements
- Coach engineering teams on secure engineering practices
Qualifications and Skills
- Competent or adept in 1 - 2 (or more!) programming languages, including some combination of C, Python and Go
- Experienced in networks and relevant security practices and controls
- Knowledgeable about the Linux security model and hardening considerations, such as ASLR, DEP, SELinux, AppArmor, etc
- Have experience building or breaking embedded systems, drivers, or operating systems
- 3+ years experience in security engineering, or engineering with a meaningful security focus.
Nice to have
- Experience with WiFi security, Secure Boot, ARM/MTK architectures and TPMs
- Have experience designing, implementing, or attacking radio and wireless interfaces
- We encourage candidates to apply if they meet many but not all of the above requirements
We offer multiple benefits that include
- Working for one of the top product companies in the world: Ring.com
- Opportunity to influence the products’ quality supporting company mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods
- Challenging tasks and professional growth
- Competitive salary and perks
- PE accounting and support
- 18 paid vacation days per year, paid public holidays according to the Ukrainian legislation
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance
- Free office meals, fruits, and cookies
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hubs, and free corporate English classes
- Career plan, professional growth, and semiannual performance review.